Have you ever thought…. Gee I’d love my very own big steel sculpture of a fox? Well here’s your chance!
The Irish Redhead Convention and super sculptor Lynn Kirkham would like to invite you to the auction of Mr Fox.
Mr Fox will be going under the hammer on Sunday, 21st of August at the Irish Redhead Convention in Crosshaven. Bidding will start at 3:45 on Sunday afternoon with a reserve price of €6000. 5% of the proceeds of the sale will go to the Irish Cancer Society.
This magnificent sculpture was built by artist Lynn Kirkham and welding extraordinaire Pepi Mara at Lynn’s Greenmantle Art studio in Co. Tipperary. Each of the 400+ pieces of steel plate were cold worked by hand to create this wonderfully detailed and unique piece.
- Outer skin, 3mm mild steel plate and recycled shipping chain (tail)
- Subframe, 40mm steel box section and 10mm round bar
- All welding done by low hydrogen metal arc electrodes
- Paint, chest and tail primed and painted white with automotive topcoat
- Finished with clear automotive sealer
- 1m high to tip of ears
- 2.3m long from nose to tail
- 0.8m high to shoulder
Lynn Kirkham has an incredible portfolio of public and privately commissioned art in Ireland including “Fionn MacCumhaill and his Hounds” in Newbridge Co. Kildare. This and much more can be found at her website lynnkirkham.net or by searching Greenmantle arts.
Installation of Mr. Fox is not included in bidding but can be arranged post sale.